Pages

terça-feira, 20 de novembro de 2012

The Lucky One - Nicholas Sparks

I love Nicholas Sparks, yet of all his books that I read I must say that this was the one that least moved or impressed me. It is a good book, well written, good plot and well put together - but for some reason it didn't have the same effect on me that so many other Nicholas Sparks books have had on me. The reason for this might be because it was a bit too predictable. I pretty much knew what was going to happen next and how the story would end, but nonetheless it is still a nice book for a quick and easy read.

The story begins with Logan who crosses the country by foot with his faithful German shepherd, Zeus, to find the woman of his life. He has never spoken, seen or heard about this woman - the only thing he has of her is a picture he found on the dirt in Iraq which he believes is what brings him good luck and kept him alive for so many years in war. And so with that in mind he goes off to find "the girl in the picture" so he can pay her back the favor.  

Book Review:


Over the past few years I have have come to realize that I am a hopeless romantic. I love reading stories about two people having a chance meeting and just knowing from that moment that they were meant to be together, no matter how much their relationship gets tested. That is why this week's selection happens to be from the man that I like to call the King of Romance Novels, Nicholas Sparks.
"The Lucky One" tells the story of Logan Thibault, a U.S. Marine who finds a lost picture while in Iraq. When nobody claims the picture he decides to keep it, providing him with good luck in every situation he is put into. After coming home he decides to find the woman in the picture even though he knows nothing about her. When he meets Beth Clayton there is an instant attraction and a passionate love affair begins, but Logan has a secret that may tear them apart for good.
I liked this book. I have read two previous Nicholas Sparks novels -"A Walk To Remember" and "Dear John," and enjoyed them, even though they both had sad endings. The ending to this novel is also sad but happy at the same time.
The book drags in certain spots because there is a lot of back story about each character that needs to be told, but there are also moments of action. Now, keep in mind because this is a romance novel the action scenes are few and far between, but the few that do exist leave an impact on the reader, especially the ending.
Sparks writes from the perspective of the main love triangle - Logan, Beth, and Beth's ex-husband, Keith. As I've mentioned before, I am not the biggest fan of multiple points of view, but this method helps push the plot along. It also shows the readers how the characters are connected. This book is great for anyone, especially those who love a great love story every now and then. I enjoyed reading it and I hope you do too. Maybe someday we will have that chance meeting where we meet the right person.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário